Why train with Ergonix?
- The Ergonix DSE workstation assessor foundation course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF). This means that the course content has been reviewed and approved by the chartered body responsible for ergonomics in the UK.
- Delegates will achieve CIEHF certificate.
- The course provides case studies and focuses on problem-solving scenarios to teach delegates to be competent and confident DSE Assessors.
- It is not just theory! This is a practical course and delegates will learn through case scenarios and practicing on each other. The course aims to instruct delegates on the holistic approach to ergonomic assessments and to improve their communication skills.
- Delegates will receive a 50 page course book and DSE assessment checklist.
- We are independent of any product suppliers.
- The trainer is a chartered physiotherapist with specialist ergonomic training who has vast amount of experience in:
- 1. Conducting complex DSE workstation assessments on people who have medical issues such as an injury or surgery .
- 2. Assessing and treating posture-related injuries.
- 3. Functional education, preventative exercises and postural awareness.
- Identify hazards and risks
- Injury prevention
- Optimise health and well-being of the workforce
- Optimise workplace performance
- Helps to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
Who should attend
- Delegates who have no previous knowledge and experience in DSE workstation assessments
- DSE assessors who wish to consolidate and/or update their knowledge
- Those in roles including line managers, occupational health professionals, health and safety professionals, health practitioners, facilities managers, HR personnel
- Delegates who wish to gain CIEHF certificate
Why should you attend?
Aim: The aim of this practical and simple course is to provide the knowledge for delegates to become confident and competent DSE assessors and gain a CIEHF certificate.
- To become a competent DSE assessor
- To be able to assess individuals holistically
- To have an understanding of the legal guidance and regulations relating to DSE assessments
- To be able to identify hazards and risks (physical, mental and environmental)
- To be able to carry out basic anthropometric measurements
- To be able to make changes and recommendations that meets the needs of the assessed individual
- To be able to use the DSE assessment checklist confidently
After the course you will receive
- A 50 page course book
- DSE assessment checklist
- CIEHF certificate on successful completion of the course
Assessment of attendees
Attendees are assessed throughout the course by simple exercises, group work, practical tasks and questions. At the end of the course there is a short test to be completed. The course is designed to gain, improve and consolidate knowledge and confidence to carry out DSE workstation assessments independently.
One day (9:00 am- 4:30 pm). Refreshments and lunch are included at our venues.
Maximum 8 delegates per course.
Course cost: £295
Location Course dates
Central London 23 April 2020
Central London 14 May 2020
Central London 18 June 2020
Due to government restrictions we are reviewing our upcoming course dates.
We can provide training at your premises to individuals or a group. You will choose the date and provide the venue.
Cost: Our standard prices are £895 for a maximum of 4-8 delegates but we are happy to provide tailored quotes for individuals or smaller groups.